Christmas Shortbread Biscuits
These Christmas shortbread biscuits are very easy to make so they are perfect for the children to learn with or to give to friends and family as Christmas gifts.
- 300g softened butter
- 140g golden caster sugar (plus 4 tbsp)
- 300g plain flour
- 140g rice flour
- pinch of salt
- Place the butter and 140g sugar in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Tip in both the plain flour and the rice flour, with a pinch of salt, then mix until it all comes together.
- Place in the fridge, uncooked, for at least 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into two portions and roll our each between 2 sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 5-7mm (¼in).
- Cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4 then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Leave to cool then decorate with icing and sweets of your choice.
- The shortbread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
We hope you love making these Christmas Shortbread Biscuits. If you know a shortbread lover you can send gift boxes of our delicious shortbread gifts instead of flowers this Christmas anywhere in the UK.