Sorry for those off Chocolate for lent but this yummy Crème Egg Brownie recipe was just too good not to share!
With Easter almost here, we’re all going to have plenty of chocolate lying around. This yummy recipe will help you get rid of some of that chocolate, and creme eggs!
- 185g dark chocolate
- 185g unsalted butter
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 6 Cadbury creme eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, either in the microwave in 30 second bursts or by sitting the bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Once melted set to the side.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl, add the sugar and then whisk until it becomes be pale and doubles in size.
- Add the cooled melted butter/chocolate to the egg and gently mix it all together.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold it in, before pouring the mixture into a regular baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven. Cut the creme eggs in half, gently placing the halves onto the brownies and pop back into the oven. Bake for a further 10 minutes to melt the creme eggs.
- Finally, let the brownies completely cool in the tin before cutting into slices.
- Put the creme eggs into the fridge before cutting them, it will make it easier and less messy!
- If you don’t want to use normal creme eggs, you can use mini ones instead.
- If you don’t want to use any creme eggs, you can substitute in any Easter treat you want.
Let us know if you’ve got any delicious Easter recipes!
Like crème egg chocolate brownies…Check out our chocoholic cupcake bouquet which we send instead of flowers!