White Chocolate Day
White chocolate is something people seem to either love or hate. Hopefully you all love it and want to take advantage of these great recipes, they’re yummy! x
White Chocolate Brownies
(apparently these are also called ‘blondies’)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a 20cm/8in square cake tin with butter.
- For the blondie;, in a bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Beat in the melted butter a little at a time, making sure each addition of butter is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the flour and carefully fold it into the mixture using a metal spoon.
- Add the chopped white chocolate and macadamia nuts and carefully fold them into the mixture.
- Spoon the blondie batter into the prepared cake tin and shake gently until level. Transfer the tin to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, carefully remove the blondies from the tin, cut into squares and serve on a large serving plate.
White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
225g softened butter
150g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 large eggs
100g white chocolate broken into pieces
50g chopped raspberries (I put my raspberries in the freezer for a little while first-it stops them adding too much moisture to the mix)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until soft.
- Beat in the egg and a little of the flour.
- Mix in the rest of the flour.
- Fold in the chopped raspberries and chocolate.
- Shape cookies with floured hands, or use an ice cream scoop if you want them all the same size.
- Place on a non stick baking liner.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool and firm up on the baking tray.
We hope you enjoy baking these yummy treats and let us know if you have any recipes you want to share!