Microwave Mug Cake
Sometimes we all need cake …like NOW but let’s face it we are not all Mary Berry so cheating with a microwave mug cake is perfect for all you mums out there. Kids will love it and this recipe is perfect for 2 to share. Find our recipe below and watch the easy peasy video from Diply too.
- Microwave mug cake
- 4 tbsp self raising (SR) flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable
- A few drops vanilla
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/raisins etc (optional)
- Use the largest mug you have to avoid it overflowing in the microwave!
- Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Mix in as much as you can but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and/or the nuts/raisins and mix well.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!
Our website lets you send cake instead of flowers! Yum! Sign up to our mailing list on our home page for a free recipe book: www.cake-cetera.co.uk