Here is a very delicious recipe for simple-to-make shortbead. This is a great recipe your guests to enjoy at New Year.We hope you all enjoy it!
- 300g softened butter
- 140g golden caster sugar (plus 4 tbsp)
- 300g plain flour
- 140g rice flour
- pinch of salt
- Place the butter and 140g sugar in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Tip in both the plain flour and the rice flour, with a pinch of salt, then mix until it all comes together.
- Using your hands, roughly spread the mixture out in a 20x30cm (8×12″) baking tray. Cover with cling film and smooth over until there are no wrinkles. Place in the fridge, uncooked, for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Remove cling film, then lightly mark the shortbread all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the shortbread, then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 24 thin slices.
- The shortbread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
A great idea for this time of year, is to make up the dough but instead of baking it, roll it into sausage shapes. Then, wrap it in baking parchment, tie it off with a ribbon and give it to friends/family as a gift. Ready to bake shortbread-yummy!
Our website lets you send cake instead of flowers! Yum! Sign up to our mailing list on our home page for a free recipe book: www.cake-cetera.co.uk